TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Great, you have Conzult
People Seeking Info

Subject Great, you have Conzult

Posted by Cjw3 on July 07, 2024 at 9:29 AM
  This message has been viewed 39 times.

In Reply To Re: Hostory Please posted by AL on July 06, 2024 at 10:50 PM

Message Mine was not just a 'Conzult Find'.

My 90 is a put together parts car from 3 'Cars'.. Body is a 90, Drive line is a 96, with the Cam Actuators and Cams from the Body Motor of the 90. The Exhaust and Front Motor Parts, are from a TT Donor 90.

After assembly, TPS issues forced me to get a 90/95 Throttle Body to get that wiring proper.. But still had warm up issues..

Then I noticed if I started the car, moved it in the Driveway, then shut it off.. next time it started (like the Next Day ) the Pluggs were Fowled and it ran on 4 or 5 Cylinders.. till i got it warm and drove it hard.. then it was fine..

This is where Conzult came in.. I'd watch the O2 Sensor Voltage during warm up.. The O2's would come to life, and peg >.8 Volt and then start with a little 'Burble' and stay >.8 Volt for 'A long Time' ( I'll have to go back and look at my Notes to reference the Time Issue).

My thoughts were it was a Cold Start Fuel Enrichment Issue. ( Stuck Choke Carb Issue.. I'm a Grey Hair, so I've worked on that before )

I do not have a Nisstune, But I do have a Moates Battery Backed EROM plugged into the Board I chipped ( The Victim I did a Write Up About in Forum .. Its in a FAQ's ) And I used Tuner Pro to Pull about 10% fuel out of the Cold Start Map..

Because it's only a Cold Start, and for me it was when the Temps were below about 35 Deg ( im in Cali ) it's not something that you can just sit in the driveway and do all day.. so it was done in Fits and Spirts..

As I pulled the Fuel out of the Table ( only Below the 40 Deg line ) it started behaving better and better, and the Start up O2's ( after the O2 Came Alive ) would not PEG at the >.8 but start drifting down from that .8 volt to the .6 volt and the car would not choke..

Early in this Diagnostic Cycle, I had Left and Right WB O2 Sensors to help me, ( the Initial Cold Start was about 10:1 AFR ) but somewhere along this Diagnostic Trail ( it's been a few years in this Hunt ) the WB's came out and went into the '96 for other Diagnostic Use, and I finished the Diagnostic on the Narrow Bands for this '90.

It's not Perfect, and if it's real cold ( 25 Deg ) I better not move the Car and Shut it off, as i'll fowl the plugs.. but it's a lot better..

I've lost Contact with ROMCODE2000 ( I think that is the Handle he uses here ) as he has done a DEEP DIVE into the Rome Code of the 300..

He and I discussed the Cold Start Tables, how they work, and the Timing of how the Tables switch over to active O2 Sensor Feedback..

I've lost all of the E-Mails on that with a Hard Drive Crash.. ( I lost 13 years of Computer Stuff )..

Long winded post.. ( I'll talk shop all day! )..

Please let me know what you find..

If we need to, we can take this to cell phone.. faster than Post-Tag Troubleshooting..

Cj

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.